In 1864, when Brompton Falls became a mission, the Catholic Church did not have any infrastructure to lodge its passing missionaries. They stayed, for better or for worse, with local residents. They also celebrated mass in the homes of these residents. In 1869, a chapel and cemetery were built on Du Curé-LaRocque Street and, in 1872, the Town constructed its first presbytery to house the missionaries.
In 1885, Brompton Falls was granted parish status and also welcomed its first resident priest. Judging the chapel and presbytery to be inadequate, he decided to launch a very long fundraising campaign. In the end, the old Brompton Falls chapel was replaced by a new church in 1904. The former presbytery was moved to its present location on Notre-Dame Street and in 1907, it was replaced by the current presbytery.